Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Perfect Date


Tonight I got to go on a date with one of the cutest guys in the world - and it wasn't my dear husband Adam. Jonah was my date tonight, and we had the best time together!
First, I took Jonah to gymnastics where he did such a great job following directions and just having fun. Jonah requested "The Apple Place", aka Applebee's, so we headed there for a lovely dinner for two. Jonah was such a gentleman the whole time - opening doors for me and ordering our food, his Daddy has taught him well! The highlight of our evening was Jonah leaning over and laying his head and my shoulder and telling me, "I love going on a date with you Mom"! He could have asked for anything at that point and I would've probably said yes! We then ended the night by getting hot fudge sundaes from McDonalds. (By the way, what happened to the strawberry and caramel sundaes at McDonalds? Caramel was always my favorite as a kid and they don't have it anymore!) As we were driving away, Jonah said that he wanted his chocolate ice cream on a cone. I told him that hot fudge sundaes don't come on a cone. His reply: "Then what day can you get them on a cone?!" It took me a minute to figure out that he only has one definition of the word Sunday! What a fun (and exhausting) age this is!
*By the way - Caleb is feeling much better. Thanks for the prayers everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious, how precious! Such a little gentleman and how special for mom and son to spend that quality time together. I laughed so hard about the day of the week for cones. You just never know what is going on in their little minds. I'm thankful Caleb is doing better. I called last night while you and Jonah were on your date and Dad was about to do bath time with Caleb. From the looks of it, Jonah might have done the same thing when he got home. Thanks for the post, Mandy, it makes my day.

Momma B. said...

I am free this week. Or are his date nights reserved for you? Oh, well. I have a few years to wait til my little man can open doors for me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Jonah may not have gotten anything
else from his great ganmama, but I
like ice cream in a cone, too.
Such a precious little boy and what
a smart Dad to teach him good
manners. Mandy, you are a lucky
woman to have three (almost) guys
to have special dates with.
So thankful that Caleb is better.
Looking forward to Thanksgiving.
Much love to all. Ganmama/GG