Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Provider

You know how sometimes God does something for you and you just really want to tell people about it? It may not be a big thing in most people's eyes, but to us it's just another reminder of how the Lord provides and knows your needs. Well, here's our story...
As some of you know, Caleb has been struggling with wheezing and allergy type stuff for a few weeks now. Jonah also struggles with eczema, allergies, and some asthma at times too. Caleb has been taking all sorts of medication, but I haven't seen the kind of improvement that I was hoping for. Also, as a mom, you hate giving your child medicines that you're not sure what they're really doing to your child's body! Sometimes it is necessary, but I want to do everything I can to prevent having to give medicines to my little ones. On Monday I was supposed to stop giving him a couple of the meds he was taking and I was so frustrated because he still wasn't better. It was one of those frustrated mommy moments where you feel like everything is falling apart because of being sick and tired of it and overwhelmed. I had a sort of tunnel vision I guess, and all I could think about was how I could get my little one better. After some unnecessary worry, and some desperate prayers I decided we should try an air purifier. I researched and the ones that seemed to be the most effective were $600! Not exactly in our budget, but I really felt like we should get a good one if we were going to spend the money. We were also going to have to wait a few days for shipping, because I couldn't find this one anywhere but online. I was just about ready to pull money out of savings, when my husband said let's just wait. Being the "fix-it right now" kind of girl that I am I did not want to be patient! I wanted my child better, and I wanted it right now! (Sounds very similar to a two year old fit, doesn't it?) Well, I begrudgingly listened to my husband and said okay we'll wait to see if we can find a better deal. Lo and behold, if my husband didn't find the exact brand air purifier on CraigsList that day! It was even a step up from the one we wanted! The family was in the military and they were trying to get rid of it before they moved, because it is a little large. It ended up being a fraction of the original cost and only six months old and still under warranty, and we got to pick it up that day!
Caleb and Jonah have both woken up with significantly improved symptoms, and Caleb's wheezing has improved drastically. Being the natural pessimist at heart that I am, I want to think in my head that they'll probably get worse again tomorrow, or that it was probably just the weather changing that made them better, but whatever it was I am thankful to God for some relief for my boys over the last couple of days.
A lot of people, would say "What a coincidence!". I say "Thank you Lord"! What a great reminder that He always provides - ALWAYS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I really needed to hear your testimony today. Thank you. There really are no accidents in life. I, like you, am not very patient sometimes when I want things to change now. It just helps to be reminded that I need to be patient right now and trust that God is in control. What a wonderful blessing to have that exact brand placed right in front of you and at a price you can afford. I think sometimes when we are anxious, or not feeling well, our faith struggles. That is what I am experiencing right now with my head injury. Thanks for your timely message, it stopped me from fretting and reminded me how much God really does love me and will take care of me. I love you, precious one.

GotchaGreetings said...

What a great story Mandy! Glad to hear the boys are doing better!

Have a great Christmas!

Sarah