Thursday, January 15, 2009

Living up to her name...


I'm so glad we named this girl Hannah "Joy", because she really does live up to her name. She is mostly just a happy baby, so full of joy all the time. She's so huggable and loveable, it's hard to put her down. She is now 3 months old and she is always smiling and cooing, such a fun age. She did keep us up a lot last night, because she was frustrated with her runny nose, but you can't help but get over it when you see this smile!! If I had known that the name thing actually worked I would have named the other two "still" and "quiet". Not really, I'm very thankful for all the different personalities that God has given us in our family. They make our family unique and full of life ( and often exhausted!)


Here's "our" train track that we made. I say "our" because as we made the track the conversation had a tendency to go like this:
Caleb: " Train tracks, crash!! Choo-Choo"
Mom: "Caleb, you're messing up MY tracks, uuuh I mean YOUR tracks!"
Sometimes the kid inside just takes over! I finally gave in to Caleb's ideas and went and played with my own toys, which was the washing machine!


This picture is just proof that women are born hating pantyhose. My niece, Myka, bought this outfit for Hannah and I put it on her Sunday morning. When we got to the pantyhose part, she was not having it! By the end, she was letting me have it, and she kept screaming all the way to church! I don't blame her, that's how I feel when I have to put pantyhose on too!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAAAA. Still and quiet...that is hysterical!!!! Kenny and I are laughing at loud. That's a great picture...too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a precious picture of our little Hannah Joy! I really need to see her and hold her and just let her joy run through my soul right now. What a little doll.

I have laughed so hard about naming them Still and Quiet. That is hilarious. Maybe you could rename yourself to Super Mom, isn't that how you feel sometimes? Maybe the name would help.

I would have been the same way about the train and Caleb messing it up but now that you say it, I'm glad the kid still comes out in me, too.

Great pictures. Still and Quiet... too funny.
love you