Saturday, May 16, 2009

Whew! -An Exhausting Month!




Can you tell we've been a little busy this month? Hannah has to catch her zzzz's when she can.



Jonah's End of Year Class Party - Blowing Bubbles! Caleb joined in the fun!

Miss Angela, Jonah's teacher is such a wonderfully creative and fun teacher. She runs such an organized classroom and Jonah came home every day talking about what he learned. We love you Miss Angela!


Pre-K Graduation - last night we had an awards ceremony at our school, Forerunner Christian Academy. The Pre-K graduated complete with graduation music and hats. The hats were really cute made out of posterboard. Miss Angela and I had a fun time making them - I just kind of did what she said because when it comes to any sort of Geometry - my mind just goes completely blank! Somehow I missed that part of my brain. Thanks to my mom and dad for coming up to enjoy the ceremony and helping watch my little rugrats while I took pictures!

Here's Jonah graduating from Pre-K, diploma and all. He was so proud. He received an award for Academic Excellence for always doing his work neatly and he also got the most improved P.E. award. He adores his P.E. teacher, Mrs. Turpin and she's done a great job getting him excited about all kinds of athletic activities. He's even going to run a race at the end of this month.

Here's the Peter Rabbit skit the kids did for the ceremony. Jonah played the Gardener. He just loves to do anything that involves dramatic play or creativity. It's so fun to watch his little brain work. The other day in the car he just pops up and asks me, "Why did God make sickness?" Talk about a hard question to answer. Then he proceeds to tell me that "our world feels like we're in a book, and the trees and people are like the story - then when it's nighttime, it's like you closed the book"... Whew - too philosophical for my little brain!! I think I've been reading board books and changing diapers a little too long! :)






3 comments:

Aunt Shell said...

I am so glad to have pictures of PreK graduation! Looks like you guys had a great time...hope to see you soon!

Tootsie said...

I have a picture of when Adam graduated from kindergarden and I was crying. He has his little suit one and looks so adorable.
I didn't know Jonah was having a graduation ceremony with Pre-K until Adam told me the other day. He said he will have one for kindergarden next year, too. When I was young, I don't even remember graduating from junior high but I know we didn't have anything before that; at least I don't remember anything until high school.
I love Jonah's question. I just want to know how his Mama answered that question. He sounds so much like his Daddy. Good luck, Mandy, you will need it.
Little Hannah is all tuckered out in that picture. Bless her little precious heart, she's done for the moment.
Great pictures of all the celebration. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Erin said...

What a great update! I love all the pictures! Miss you guys-