Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Caleb


August 17th marked the 3rd birthday of my little guy, Caleb! I can't believe it was 3 years ago that this little man came into our lives. From the day he was born he was such a relaxed baby. He never really liked to be rocked or cuddled, he liked to do things on his own from the very beginning. He can be a little ball of fire, which goes along with his red hair - but just as quickly as he gets mad he's telling you he's sorry and that he "wuvs you". I remember at his second birthday I was a little worried because he wasn't talking much, well we don't have that problem anymore that's for sure. Caleb always has something funny to say! He loves to irritate his brother, but he also wants to be JUST like him and likes to copy him every chance he gets. He is still in love with baseball and anything related to sports. He likes to surprise you with his knowledge - I worked with him for weeks trying to get him to learn his colors and he was just not getting it (at least that's what I thought) - then out of the blue he can point out all the colors with no problem, count to 15, say his abc's, and who knows what else he has in his pocket! Caleb has a smile and a sweetness that just radiates and infects all around him! Happy birthday my sweet little man!
Here's his baseball cupcakes at his small little party. We just invited a couple of friends to simplify the party, and we all had the best time!

MMMM! Pizza!!


Cameron, Olivia, and Caleb playing on the video games at Jump N Land in Sherman.




Caleb and Gus hoopin' it up!



Hello!! Jonah having a great time on the bouncy obstacle course!



Even Hannah enjoyed the party. She climbed and crawled and tried to stay up with the big boys! She is definitely not afraid to join in on the fun!


Olivia - isn't she sweet?


Caleb & Gus having a conversation - wonder what that was about?

This was a gift he got from Mama Gina and Papa John. It's a SuperHero headquarters. He has not stopped playing with it since. I think he enjoyed looking at the box as much as the toy!

These are the baseball cupcakes for the party! My first try looked like a 2 year old did it - so this was the better version. Of course we had to have baseball cupcakes!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, all of the picture are great
and it sounds like Caleb loved every minute of it.
You did good on those cup cakes!
Little Hannah is delightful! Just
wait a few more months and she
will be right in the middle of everything those big brothers do.
She is ready!
Give those sweet babies "macies"
for us. We would love to see them and their mom and dad.
Much love to each of you,
Ganmama/GG

Erin said...

How fun!! Caleb reminds me so much of Jake. They would have a blast together (and probably get into lots of trouble :).
The party looks like fun!! You did great! Miss y'all!

Tootsie said...

Wow, it's so hard to believe Caleb is three! What a precious boy he is and last week when I talked to him on the phone, I heard the "I love you, Tootsie," but he had a mouthful to share with me and I'm afraid I couldn't catch all of it. That's my fault because I have trouble hearing accents and the words to music.
Caleb is so independent and listens so well, even though he will turn his head when you are saying something he doesn't want to hear. Jonah is like that, too. Let's see if Hannah takes up that little click of the head. They are all three so very precious and adorable. I wish y'all could have come to see me on Friday, I didn't know you were just coming for a visit, I thought you were coming for Tootsie's birthday party for Caleb and I couldn't get it done in one day. I miss y'all so much and want to see my grandbabies. Tootsie misses seeing them so very much and I look forward to the birthday party for Caleb. I hope it stays a surprise for him.
Love to all,
Tootsie