Saturday, October 13, 2007

Days of Fun


Jonah flying a kite

Well, we've had an eventful few days. Thank you so much for all the responses on Adam's B-Day. I know that made his day even more special! FYI - For those of you who asked about the shirt in Adam's picture - yes it was a Anti - Saddam Hussein t-shirt. I guess Adam was a true activist in those days!!



Jonah & McGruff @ the Fair

On Friday we had fun going to the Fannin County Fair! Fannin County really knows how to put on a Fair, complete with corn dogs, beauty pageants, contests, and all the fun rides you can think of! We had root beer floats, lots of cheesy and rich foods, spent $2 for a little plastic toy that's worth about 10 cents, and Jonah rode all kinds of fun rides. Caleb and I were more spectators than anything, but he enjoyed just watching everyone! I'm always a little disturbed by the speedy assembly of all those rides, especially the spinning, fast-moving rides, but they're professionals right?! It's just part of the charm of it I guess! Nevertheless, it was a fun time!

We had an interesting event earlier on Friday, starring our little red-head! He fell into the corner of a small table and cut his forehead. It was pretty deep, so we had to go get him glued up! I was expecting a terrible ordeal of stitches and needles, but the doctor just put some special glue on it and it was good to go! Caleb was such a trooper, he never even cried at the doctor's office. If it was me, I think I would still be on the floor crying! It's always amazing to me how quickly kids bounce back from injuries. I don't know if the mom bounces back quite as quickly. As a mom, my mind is flooded with the question of "What am I doing wrong?" When your child gets hurt, you feel such a responsibility, even if there is nothing you could have done. One part of me knows that it's just what happens to kids, and then there's the other "Supermom" part that feels a responsibility to prevent all bad things from happening to my kids. I just finally have to remind myself, that ultimately my kids are in the Lord's hands and all I can do is do the very best I can to love and protect them. I'm also reminded that many times those tough or painful experiences in life, are also the same ones that teach us the best lessons! It's amazing what process you go through, just from a little bump on the head!

Cousins - Myka, Landry, Logan, Jonah, Caleb


On Saturday, we had a very fun and relaxing picnic birthday party! Since Adam and my birthday are a week apart, my sister's family, my parents, and my niece all met us in Plano at a park and we had the best time! We flew a kite, played baseball, chased flying disks, played on the playground, stuffed ourselves with the BEST oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (thanks Michelle!), and just spent some quality time together. My mom also made me an excellent coconut cake to top it all off! It was a great birthday celebration!

Thanks to everyone who reads this blog - it's such a joy to share our lives with you!

Myka stuck in the baby swing! Should we get the jaws of life?






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, you are such a great mom!
Your thoughts are those of any mom
who loves their children so much.
It sounds like the Barkers had a
great birthday. Wish we could have been there to help celebrate. However, we do celebrate your lives daily. We
admire and love you and Adam and
those precious babies so much.
GG

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! There's nothing like family together.
So sorry about Caleb's cut! How scary. It's such a sad Momma feeling when stuff like that happens. Have you tried that liquid bandage stuff? Man, it has saved us hundreds of dollars, I feel sure. Max was jumping on the bed (uuuuggg.) hit the window seal and split his head open. We just super-glued it shut. Great stuff for when they get older.
Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

These are all great pictures, looks like the cousins had a wonderful time together.

Happy Birthday, Mandy. Hope your day was restful... okay, I hope your day was happy.

You are such a blessing in our lives and we love you so very much. Thank you for being who you are and sharing your love with me. You are truly an outstanding mother. My son is blessed to have you as his wife and the mother of his sons.

I love you.