Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Family Days


We've had a great couple of days! Tootsie (Adam's mom) came on Monday for a short visit. The boys had so much fun playing Chutes & Ladders, getting ice cream right before lunchtime, playing outside, buying a b-day present for mommy and daddy, and just spending quality time with Tootsie. Caleb even said "Tootie" for the first time. I think it melted Tootsie's heart for sure! We had so much fun with you Tootsie!


We also had G.G. and Grackle (Adam's grandparents) come for a quick visit on Tuesday. Grackle is the name Jonah gave to Adam's grandfather, because he taught him about birds one day and it just stuck with him! The boys had fun riding leg horsies, dressing up in hats, reading books, and so much more! Thanks for a great visit G.G. and Grackle - we always treasure time with you!


The boys are always learning something new each day. Yesterday, while at the restaurant with G.G. and Grackle Caleb learned how to gag himself with his hand! I'm sure this is a skill that will be very useful in life, although I haven't seen this on the Pediatricians checklist. Now I'm trying to teach him to unlearn that one. Jonah also learned an important lesson yesterday. Tootsie was talking to him about the day he was born, and telling him all the people that were there that day. Later that day, while in deep thought on the potty he called me in there and said "Mom, were you there when I was born?". I replied, "I think I made it that day!" Oh the simple lessons in life!

2 comments:

Erin said...

How sweet. I love all the fun stories that come with having kids. Jake's into gagging himself, too. Hmmm. And throwing stuff away.
How fun to have family come for a visit!
Love you guys-

Tootsie said...

Yes, Tootsie's heart melted when Caleb said "Toootie". The boys were so wonderful and it was great to be all four precious Barker's. I did know it was right before lunch when I got the ice cream, but hey, I already did my responsible time when I raised Adam and Collin. It's Tootsie time, now. :) Besides, I didn't hear any complaints from Jonah, he thought it was a good idea. Thanks, Mandy, I had a wonderful time. Love you always...