Thursday, October 4, 2007

Gymnastics Class


Today Jonah went to his second gymnastics class. He has so much fun releasing some of his pent up energy! They jump on trampolines, crawl through tunnels, hang on bars and rings, jump into pits of foam, balance on the beam, do flips, and so much more. Jonah calls it "Spider Man Training Center", because he thinks he's learning to be like Spider Man. It was Adam's invention to get him pumped up about going and it stuck. Caleb was not very happy about not getting to go out there with Jonah, so that was a fun time! Always a lesson to learn for everyone!

Afterward Adam met us at Cracker Barrel and we had a great dinner. Well, mine was not so great - FYI I would not recommend the Apple Cheddar chicken at Cracker Barrel. It was the seasonal special right now, and it sounded so fun. It takes a lot for me not to like something, but it was not even edible in my opinion. Sorry Cracker Barrel - but I hope that doesn't ever make the regular menu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine Adam coming up with the Spider Man Training Center, he is not very creative. Okay, maybe that mind of his would come up with something like that. :) I started to tell Jonah the story of Adam crawling on the roof of our two-story house when he was four but decided that probably was not a good story to tell him right now. Since Jonah seems to be on the same track as his Dad, I think he probably comes up with this own ideas. It's so great to be the grandparent and watch this unfold. I'm just loving it. I don't even want to imagine what Spider Man Training will bring to the Barker house. Bless your heart, Mandy, I have total empathy for you. Luv you.

Mama Gina said...

Mandy, I know you remember the story about your first day at gymnastics. After you had done forward rolls all the way down the mat, the instructor encouraged you to go ahead and do them back to the other end. You looked at her and said, "Just a minute, I think I'm about to sweat!"