Friday, January 25, 2008

Misc. Stuff

Well, I'm probably gonna be all over the place on this blog - I have lots of topics to write about today. Nothing too "change the world" but nevertheless important to my little world!

These next pics are of our trip to the children's museum in Commerce with our friends Brooke and Gus. It was a wind chill of 16 degrees that day, but we were bound and determined to get out of the house! It has been so cold lately and with Jonah's stomach virus Monday and Tuesday we were getting cabin fever. Brooke is also a stay at home mom and there is only so much "cooped upness" you can take before going cuckoo! If you ever get a chance to visit the Northeast Texas chidren's Museum, it is definitely worth your time!

Jonah showing off his farm creation...


This is Gus and Caleb busy doing...just busy!


This is Jonah in the Rocketship - how cool is that. There is even a mission control and everything!"So do you think this is a catfish or a guppy?"


We also went to Jonah's GI doctor today for the first visit. They did some bloodwork and other testing and we got to talk to the doctor for awhile. We don't have any answers yet, but hopefully pretty soon we'll narrow down the options for his stomach issues. There are about 4 or 5 things that it could possibly be, and I'm not really too excited about any of them but I'm mainly just ready to get some answers. I'll fill you in when we get results back.


On another note, the other day Adam took the boys out to a little pond to fish a little. Well, as always Caleb takes off in the other direction. Adam takes off to chase him while Jonah is fishing. About 15 seconds later Adam looks back around and a horse was 2 inches from Jonah's face looking him eye to eye. Surprisingly, while holding a fishing pole, Jonah calmly says "Hi, Mr. Horse" and continues to fish...You just never know with that boy!


Also, I wanted to tell a story that I've been meaning to put on the blog, but I've just now remembered it. While Jonah and I were at the hospital, Adam was putting Caleb to bed. Our usual routine is Mom reads a book, Dad tells a story and then we do our verse, pray and go to bed. Well, Adam was tired that night so he just went straight to telling the story since I wasn't there. As soon as he started "Once Upon a time" Caleb runs toward him puts his hand over his mouth and then heads straight for the bookshelf to grab a book...That boy may not talk much, but he knows how to get his point across!

By the way - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA GINA - WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Momma B. said...

Great stories!! Hope you get some answers back soon for Jonah! There is nothing more helpless feeling than having a sick kid that you don't know how to make better! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love having all the pictures to look at...this blog thing is so much fun! I told Jason about the story of Adam with the boys and he laughed so hard he had tears! That's such a great story...and such a funny moment for ya'll to look back on! We're so glad you guys came to see us today! We had so much fun at the Valentine party with you!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that Adam's stomach flipped a couple of times when he first saw the horse standing face to face with his eldest son. That is a great story. I love the little boys being busy... well busy.
love you

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me hitting the wrong button. Sorry, I knew you would wonder who it was if I didn't post again.