Sunday, February 3, 2008

Past Week

Well, I'm sitting here at midnight and for some reason I just felt like blogging, so I'll try to remember all the highlights of this week. The kids have really been keeping me smiling this week with all their funny little moments. I may breathe a little sigh of exhaustion before I begin laughing, but ultimately I've looked back on this week with a little grin in my heart.
This first picture is of my little adventurer Caleb. I was cooking and he was, as usual, exploring every inch of unknown space that he could find. I walked in the laundry room and this is what I found! He was so happy in there too! I think he thought it was his own little club house.

This is Jonah and his diorama that he and Adam made this weekend. I think Adam might have enjoyed making it even more than Jonah. It's a zoo, if you couldn't tell. It even has a light in the corner for the sun.

I also found a new recipe for spinach this week. We all love spinach at our house, but I have not been able to find many quick and easy ways to prepare spinach. Here's my new recipe and my little tester enjoying every minute. Jonah ate it up too! So mom's try this recipe for Creamed Spinach.

*Prepare spinach and drain (I used 2 cans, but you could use frozen or fresh) Put it in a saucepan with a a bar of cream cheese and a little parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat until creamy and bubbly. It is very yummy!


It can even be used as a hair conditioner for extra shine! (Don't try this at home!)

Other great moments this week:

*Caleb kneeling down to pray at bedtime. It may have only been for 3 seconds, but he did it on his own!
*Jonah reading some of his first words on his own. He's really grasping the whole putting letter sounds together thing! Way to go Jonah!
* Jonah woke us up one morning this week - with a little sleepy voice he asks if he can read the story of Jesus feeding the people with Daddy again! (They had done this the morning before) What a sweet way to start your day!
*Jonah, on his own initiative, makes a book for a church member, named Dink, who has cancer. The book was titled "Dink and the Pokey Bush". The title pretty much sums up the plot of the story! Dink was so thrilled!
*Tonight, while several ladies were here at the house, Jonah was supposed to be going to bed. He comes back in and says "Mom, I can't sleep because I close my eyes and it pretends to make writing in my head. The writing just keeps on coming out !" I'm not real sure what that means, but it was cute!
*When we went to the park on Saturday, Caleb was so happy to be outside and free! There was a walking trail there at the park and I followed him as he ran around that track for a whole mile straight, literally! Maybe he thought if he just kept running we'd never have to go home! I think we've found our distance runner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious moments! Jonah reading! Now how great is that! His statement of seeing the writing is very interesting to me. Listen up, Mom, he is trying to tell you something. And that Caleb, what an independant and adventurous child! It just warms my heart to see you and Adam in those two little boys. What neat memories!

Anonymous said...

I love the recap of the week...what a fun week! Is everything OK? It didn't say anything about hospital or doctor visits? : ) Glad everyone is well right now! I guess it's our turn for a while...Landry has strep! Love you guys!