Thursday, February 7, 2008

Where does he come up with this?

I have to share an equally frustrating and cute moment from yesterday. Jonah had a hard morning at Wal-Mart to say the least. After a long, drawn out speech, I told him that he could not watch TV or play computer games for the rest of the day. You would have thought that I'd taken his whole world away, he was so distraught. When we get into the house he immediately gets a piece of paper and a marker and is drawing a picture. At this point I'm just glad that he's not crying or whining! As I'm sitting there fixing lunch, Jonah walks up and says look Mom I can watch this TV! Here's the drawing of his TV below:
It was hard to know whether to laugh, cry, or throw my hands up in surrender! We had a little discussion about attitude of the heart after that! And he agreed that he shouldn't get to watch his paper TV either!

3 comments:

Erin said...

That is hilarious! Where do they come up with this stuff?

Anonymous said...

I would be doing cartwheels in my mind that he is that smart. I couldn't help but laugh, but still have to get the point across. He's testing you Mom, and he has the mind to do it. Hang in there, it's going to be quite a party for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I told Aunt Beckie what Jonah did with the television and she said, "Adam, Adam, Adam!" Watching Jonah and Caleb grow up is like watching two Adam's grow up again, each with a part of his personality. Personally, I'm loving it. :)