Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snow Day & First Day of School

We've had an eventful week! Jonah went to his first day of Preschool on Tuesday and had so much fun. He was pooped out by the end of the day! He was so proud, because as he puts it, "Three kids got time out, but I didn't"! I didn't even cry when I dropped him off or anything - I know he's in good hands and he loves to be around the other kids too.
On the same day he started school, we also woke up to about 4 inches of snow. It was so beautiful and peaceful to wake up to. I woke up that morning and turned on the tv to see if the area schools were being cancelled, and I couldn't stop watching the little scrolling thing across the bottom of the screen. It's like I get addicted to it. I finally just had to make myself stop watching it! Kinda weird, I know! I get all giddy on a snow day, like a kid who doesn't have to go to school or something - even though it probably has more of a negative impact on my day being at home and not getting to go outside! I guess it's just a habit you get into from being a kid! Here's some pictures of our snow day. We didn't get to make a snowman, because it was too powdery!


I also went to my first doctor's appointment yesterday. I switched OB doctors and I'm really pleased with my new one. He even does 3-D ultrasounds, so I'm excited about that. My nausea is still here, but I think I'm getting more used to it. I told Adam the other day that I am a walking Pepto-Bismol commercial minus one of those symptoms in the song. I hope you are all singing that Pepto-Bismol song now, maybe it will be stuck in your head all day!! Hee-hee! I just finished my snack of Ginger Snaps and Ginger Ale. Supposedly ginger helps nausea, but I haven't noticed a significant difference.

Here's a cute story: The other day I was sitting there drinking my drink when Jonah looked very concerned and yelled out "No, Mom don't drink that!" I asked him why and he said "It's gonna dump on the baby's head!" After that, we had a little discussion about where the baby is and isn't!...He also had a funny observation just a minute ago. Since it started snowing today, we were looking outside and watching the snowfall. I said, "Isn't the snow pretty?" Being the poet that he is he says..."I think it's not snow - I think a lot of birds are standing on the clouds and poo-pooing!!"...So ya'll watch out for any snowstorms today!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am glad you ended with something funny because I was tearing up from the first day of school and the birds on the clouds helped get me past that.

How precious are the two littles!
love you,
Tootsie

Anonymous said...

The birds poo-pooing from the clouds cracked us up! Though it also concerned us a little since we were outside catching the snow on our tongues today...hee, hee!

Anonymous said...

Ask Jonah if the birds up there
on the clouds are Grackle birds. LOLL Enjoyed seeing and hearing
about the boys and their first snow.
We loved being with you last Friday. It is so good to be able
to see you and catch up (a little)
with the boy's growth. I'm still laughing about Caleb and the table. Much love to you and your
boys. Ganmama/GG

Anonymous said...

Ganmama and I want to know what the "magic words" are? We watch you and Adam take Jonah aside when he is upset and he always comes back with an attitude change. We are betting on whether those magic words are going to work with Caleb. We also want to make our retirement money by selling the magic words. I certainly could have used them when I was raising the boys, partcularly Adam. So give, what are the magic words???