Monday, March 3, 2008

...Still Going!

Well, I haven't done the best job of blogging in the past week, but I'm still truckin' along! Still about the same on the whole first trimester symptoms, but I'm hanging in there. I'm really trying to focus on the positive things, so as to not get down! I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who supports me in every way and does everything he can to help out! It's not easy taking care of 2 kids while you feel so yuck, but I'm thankful for being at home and not having to look a certain way or be a lot of places at a certain time during the day. I even get to rest sometimes during the kids rest time in the afternoon. I'm also (saying this with gritted teeth) thankful that all these yucky symptoms do mean that there is a baby being formed inside and it's just a reminder every day how we have to depend on the Lord for our every need! I may not have this whole gratitude thing down all the time, but I'm doing my best right now!
On another note, Jonah is starting his first day of Preschool tomorrow! He is going to go on Tue/Thur from 9-2:30 p.m. Pray for me tomorrow, because I'm sure there will be a lot of tears (on my part, not his) after he gets dropped off. Also, I would appreciate your prayers for his safety, considering his whole life-threatening peanut allergy. If you didn't know, Jonah has an anaphylactic reaction when ingesting even a trace amount of peanuts. We have taken all the precautions that we possibly can with the school, and now we just have to leave it in the Lord's hands. It's a wonderful little school that has just started and has such Godly people working there. We are so fortunate that God provided this school, because it is a small environment, so that the peanut issue is not quite so hard to control! It is a University Model School, if you want to check out their website it is http://www.forerunnerchristianacademy.org/ ! I'll probably tell you more about it later, though.

Speaking of allergies, we found out Jonah is also allergic to horses the other day. We went to some friends pasture to let Jonah ride their horse a little. He had so much fun! When we got home, his eye had swollen shut though! Add that to the list of allergies: peanuts, watermelon, eggs, horses, and dogs! Maybe one day we'll grow out of all this!

The last picture is of Caleb! He is so curious and into everything!!! Here, I walked in and he had gotten an Oreo cookie off the table (you can see it all over his face) and swiped all the books off the bookshelf all in one breath!

3 comments:

Momma B. said...

All I can say is...This too shall pass. I am praying for you sister, I can remember it all too well! We are so excited for Jonah! How exciting! We will be praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

If, by chance, the snow/ice make it a snow day for Jonah tomorrow, you might write down how he felt about it and give it to him when he turns 16 to see if he would still feel the same way. :)

I think I still have a picture somewhere of me crying and Adam in his little suit as he graduated from kindergarden. Another stepping stone is always emotional for mom and dad. The true reality of bittersweet.

Little Caleb cracks me up. GG and I have laughed so many times about him holding onto that little table with is hands and legs wrapped around it, not wanting to let go. Grackle nicknamed him Little Red Bear after he saw that. Hims got some of that Barker stubborness, I know it did not come from me. :)

Not too many days left of the morning sickness, or 24/7 sickness. Hang in there, Mandy. Love you, Tootsie
By the way, something has changed about your blog and I have to post under anonymous most of the time. Or, my dain bramage has not allowed me to connect something. :)

Anonymous said...

I love looking at the pictures of Caleb's curiosity...I think it makes me feel better about my chaos over here. Can't wait to hear about Jonah's first day of preschool!