Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weekend Review

Well, for those of you who were wondering - we did survive this weekend! I guess I should say Adam survived. We were so proud of him - he finished 495 out of 1000 people with a time of 1 hour 32 minutes and some seconds. Pretty impressive for a first race! Here are some pictures from the weekend:


And they're off - this is Adam's heat wearing the very manly pink swim caps. Notice the lifeguards all around - thank goodness!





This is Jonah cheering on Daddy at the beginning of the race. The race started at 7:00 A.M. Adam had to be there at 5:00 A.M. We were all tired by the end of the day!





You can see the SuperDad shirts I made for the boys. They were so proud to wear their shirts. Caleb even did a little cheer for Daddy it sounded like "Go Da Go" and punched his little arms up in the air as he said it - It was precious and I wish I'd had a video camera!








Here's Adam coming in from the 500 Meter Swim. He was so exhausted! He did not realize how different it would be swimming in the lake as opposed to the pool. Tons of waves and all the swimmers kicking you and splashing water in your face. He said it was really hard to breathe at times with everything. Next time he'll know what to expect!





Here he is getting on his bike for the second leg - the 15 mile bike ride. You can spot him by the neon yellow shorts. He was the only one with neon yellow shorts!

We all had a fun time playing on the playground while we waited for Adam to come in on the bike. Somehow we missed him - even though I stood over there watching the whole time, so we waited...and waited...and waited. The big guy eating the twinkie that I mentioned in my last blog rode in - so I said there must be something wrong. I went up to the finish line and Adam had already finished the run and was waiting on us!

Here's Adam at the finish line - he doesn't look like he just swam 500 meters, rode 15 miles and ran 3.1 miles does he?

We went back to where Adam's Dad was standing and he was still looking for Adam to come in on the bike. Adam snuck up behind him, put his arm around his Dad, and said, "Do you see him yet?" Larry was so surprised!

Adam 's Dad, Luke (his brother), and the rest of the fam.

This was another exciting part of the weekend. We went fishing in the lake behind Pop's house. Jonah caught this fish all by himself! He was so proud. The fish was actually taller than Caleb. We threw it back, because it wasn't a real edible fish, but Jonah went back for more after that. He wasn't real excited about touching the fish, but he became a real fisherman that day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very proud of my son! Great job Adam! It broke my heart that my health prevented me from watching you and being there for you, but I was certainly there in spirit. Great pictures and so glad your Dad was able to be there for you. Love the T-Shirts, Mandy! How great are those! Adam had a lot of people backing him and loving him. I understand one of my signs had to be used to block the sun. I got tickled at the one used. I think it said something like, "You're our hero, Adam Earl!" Went right along with those precious T-Shirts. :)

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
I have a special request and you are going to laugh at me, considering how I feel personally about what I am about to ask, BUT, I would like to see more pictures of you and Adam on your blog. Please.