Monday, May 12, 2008

Doctor Today

Today we went to the doctor for our sonogram to find out the sex of the baby. We had gotten a special babysitter (thank you to my sister for coming up), Adam had switched his day off, and we had told everyone that today was the day! We get to the doctor and the nurse leads me back to a regular room, not a sonogram room. I told her - I thought we were supposed to have a sonogram today. She quickly said, "no just a routine visit"! I quickly went into 6 year old whine mode, "No I got a special babysitter and the doctor told me it would be today". Obviously not wanting to sympathize she just told me I'd have to talk to him. We sat there for 45 minutes waiting for him, while my husband was cool as a cucumber and I was so upset! "How could he tell me that and then not do it today - I can't wait another month"! Adam just kept telling me, "He'll do it"! My husband is always the optimist and I'm always the one preparing myself to be disappointed! After my 45 minutes of high blood pressure I'm sure, when he walked in he quickly took us to the ultrasound room. The baby was really shy at first and had the legs pulled up so we couldn't see. After some jostling and turning, it was revealed.....
It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!
The nurse was laughing at us, because Adam and I just sat there with our mouths open for the rest of the time! I really had thought it was a girl the whole time, but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I had played those mindgames with myself convincing myself it was a boy. Even though another boy would have been wonderful, I guess this is what the Lord had planned for us! Adam is already ready to clean shotguns and sharpen his knife on the porch for her first date! Jonah was so excited because he had been wanting a girl all along! After we told him he just kept kissing my belly and saying, "Hi baby sister"! Caleb still doesn't realize what's going on, but I know he'll be a great big brother too! ... Well, I'm going to go and start searching for girly crib sets!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, of course, that we would both have been thrilled with another sweet boy, but we are bubbling over about this baby girl. All my students knew I was waiting on the call--they got very quiet when my phone rang (really odd this time of year!) When I told them a girl--they cheered! All the teachers on my hall peeked down my way to hear the news. Myka is thrilled also. Gotta go find pink things now!
Mama Gina and Papa John

Anonymous said...

Tootsie is still doing cartwheels. Of course I love boys, it's just neat to have the first girl on this side of the family. And what wonderful big brothers Jonah and Caleb will make. If Jonah cannot talk for her protection, Caleb will roll someone over for her protection. :) Pink clothes are on the way already. The first thing I did, while waiting for y'all to spread the news was to order pink. Mindy was right all along. I felt that way, too, but not for the medical reasons Mindy gave, it was just a Tootsie feeling. I promise to try and not fix her hair for her, unless it is for a party where she needs to look strange for some reason. I'm so excited about my three grandbabies, and their two wonderful parents. Love you always, Tootsie

Momma B. said...

Woostinkinwho!!! I was praying so hard for a girl!! You guys are going to have so much fun! I am so excited for you, of course I would have been excited for another boy too! But YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, this is one more excited GG!
All of my little guys are absolutely wonderful and here we go with a brand new experience.
Crackle and I love this and can
hardly wait! I was going for pink
also, but maybe some other girlie
colors might be in order since everyone is going for pink. She will be a blessed little girl with
two special parents and two special brothers. Love to all, Ganmama/GG

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
Where is the baby calendar?