Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Caleb!



Yesterday was Caleb's 2nd birthday! I can't believe that he is 2 years old - time has flown by so fast! I can't believe that 2 years ago I had this tiny little red-headed person in my arms - having no idea what the next 2 years would hold.

Caleb is such a joy of a little person! He is such a relaxed, fun-loving little guy who is just magnetic to be around. He's quieter than Jonah was, but you can tell the wheels are always turning in his little head. I love the fact that he is totally content playing by himself and being independent! He does have a little bit of that red-headed fire in him, but he's quick to get over it too. He's always wanting to do everything his big brother does - and sometimes that gets him into trouble. Jonah loves to teach Caleb how to say different words, and Caleb just absorbs and admires everything he does. My favorite moments are when Caleb climbs up in my lap after bathtime to watch a little bit of "Dorge!" which is Caleb-Language for Curious George. And if I forget he loves to pull me and remind me of our special time. Caleb's snuggles may be rare, because he's always busy with something - but I think that just makes them extra melt your heart! I love you sweet Caleb - I can't imagine our lives without you!

Here's some pictures of the boys eating cupcakes! Caleb's party is Saturday - but of course you have to have cupcakes on your birthday!

4 comments:

Momma B. said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Caleb!!!

We wish we could be at your party
Saturday, but can't make it. I know it will be a great party and
all will enjoy celebrating with you.
It is so much fun to keep up with
you and your family. Your mom does a great job keeping us posted.
We love you dearly. Grackle & GG

Anonymous said...

Caleb,
Can't wait to see you and Jonah on Saturday. I'm glad you got some messy, yummy cake! Love you.
Mama Gina and Papa John

Anonymous said...

Sweet, precious Caleb! I cannot believe he is 2 years old, now. His hugs and kisses are so rare, but boy does it make your heart melt when you get them. I think his mind is always going and always busy. He only seems to stop when you don't completely understand what he is wanting, so that you are sure to get the message. Then, he will look you right in the eye and say whatever he needs to say to get you going int he direction he wants. He is funny and smart.
Happy Birthday precious Caleb. Tootsie loves you.