Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ancient Words Impart

If you're wondering what my title is - I was sitting here singing to myself the line of a praise song that just stuck with me..."Ancient words ever true, changing me and changing you. We have come with open hearts, Oh let the ancient words impart!" I have felt completely overwhelmed in just about every area of life lately, I can't even begin to describe it. Adam and I were sitting here talking about how both of us can't seem to get out from under our rut of focusing on the negative instead of dwelling on being grateful to God in everything. Sometimes it is just so hard to let things go, and lay them at the Lord's feet. I get so consumed by the everyday physical nature of things that need to be solved, fixed, changed and finished that I begin to empty out all of the strength that's within me - forgetting the whole time that there is an unending spring of strength that I can draw from if I stop focusing on myself and my needs and focus on the Lord. This is a scripture that I am wholeheartedly meditating on tonight:
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things.
Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I am sorry I am apart of your and Adam's turmoil and burden right now. I truly am. As you know, that is the one thing I have always tried very hard not to be in your lives together. It grieves me to know I have become a burden in your lives. You have so many things without me to consider. I do praise God for your love and help during this time. I, too, have struggled with laying it all at my Lord's feet and walking away. In raising Adam and Collin, I was always so careful in teaching them how difficult life is if you are not healthy... mentally, physically and spiritually. It seems when you are struggling with one, all three areas are affected; when in fact, if you keep the faith, it will heal all three. I love you and thank you for being the most precious daughter one could have. I praise God that he brought you into my son's life to be his help mate. Always know how much I love you and appreciate you. Thank you for loving me. I, too, will meditate on His Word. I apologize for my faith waning in a time where it is needed most because it has extended to those I love so dearly.
Barbara