Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update

Just a quick update: I went to get another ultrasound on Tuesday. Our doctor tries to do a 4-D picture of their face at about this time in the pregnancy. Well, our little Hannah would not cooperate! I love it she's already got a mind of her own. I don't know why I would expect anything less from one of our kids! She kept her hand on her face for the whole time. We got to see a brief look at her face, but he couldn't get her to stay in that position. She does have chubby cheeks already (that one is definitely from me!) and the doctor said she's a little over 5 lbs roughly. He said this is a good milestone to reach - and she's very healthy as far as he can tell! 7 weeks to go! He's going to do another ultrasound next time to see if he can get the picture. I'm starting to nest - in fact I've been cleaning out every closet, nook and cranny that I can find. I'm still in the everything looks chaotic right now, but I can feel the end nearing. Then next week, it's time to wash clothes, bedding, and work on Hannah's room! I can't believe we'll have a little girl in about a month and a half!
Here's some pictures of Jonah at his school on Tuesday. The firemen came and did a presentation for them. Jonah learned so much - he came home and showed me how to Stop, Drop and Roll, informed me that I didn't need to be scared because the firemen's masks look a little like somebody on Star Wars, and told me to holler out if I'm ever in a fire so the firemen can find me. I'm so glad he learned so much - I hope he never has to use it! He loves school so much, we are so blessed to have such a wonderful school, who has helped make the school as Peanut-Free as possible (due to Jonah's severe Peanut allergy). What a blessing! Thank you Lord for always being our Provider!

Here's the 3 year olds through Kindergarten:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How GREAT! I love it that Jonah learned so much. I remember having to teach the boys all that myself but when they got older, then they learned it at school. How wonderful that those fireman would take their time to teach those precious children all those things. God bless them!

Hannah being a little stubborn? Hmmm, well, she may not look like me but she might have something else from her Tootsie. :)

I loved it the other day when Adam and I walked into my doctor's office and she said, "You two look just alike." Aunt Beckie and GG used to call Adam "mama face" when he was little, even with that cotton head he had.

Thanks for the blog posts Mandy. I suspect they will slow down a bit before too long, but it is always so great to read about all of you. Just lots of love coming your way. Always know that.
Love you precious,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Jonah-
I can't wait to see you stop, drop and roll. The kids look very calm compared to the 450 we see everyday!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy,

I haven't responded to your writing
in a while, but I have certainly
enjoyed the updates, as always.
Sending a very late birthday present to little Caleb today.
I love Jonah's imagination...with
the ants! And even more, I love
his caring.
Thinking of you and loving all
of you. Always, Ganmama/GG