Thursday, February 5, 2009

Milestones and Firsts!

In the last couple of weeks we've had a few milestones and firsts in our family! Hannah sat in her Bumbo for the first time. She is so ready to run around and join her brothers. I'm so nervous that she'll be one of those that walks at 9 months. She also has learned to roll over - immediately when you place her on her back now, she flips right over to her belly. That girl is growing up too fast!



Caleb also had a milestone. He went poo-poo in the potty for the first time. I finally got him to wear his Diego pull-ups, after first having to put some Baseball underwear on him. If any of you know my son, he loves baseball! He carries a little bat and ball around with him most of the day wanting you to throw it to him so he can try and hit it. He puts in his backpack like his favorite movie "Everyone's Hero". (Cute movie by the way!)
Okay, back on subject - so after the bat and ball underwear he was no longer opposed to the Pull-Ups without Elmo on them. He was so proud of himself. We're still working on tee-tee, but I know he'll get there. I know all of you who read this who don't have kids are probably wondering why I'm writing about my childs tee-tee and poo-poo- believe me I never thought I'd say tee-tee and poo-poo this many times in my writing - but believe me you'll understand one day! You'll soon notice you're calling yourself "Mom" and your husband "Dad" and wiping bottoms and boogers will become a normal part of your day! Sounds so foreign and weird until you actually get there - and then it just feels right!
I'm just ready to decreast the number of diapers I have to change and buy-it will be such a blessing. That's what I get for having my kids so close together - 2 in diapers!


The pictures below are of our first trip to the bowling alley. We didn't know if they would like it or not - but it was a big hit! Jonah was especially excited about it. Caleb just wanted to run down the lane, but learned pretty soon that it was alittle slippery. Hannah just enjoyed the noise and lights. I actually had the worst score - I needed bumpers like the kids. I guess my professional bowling dreams are shattered! It's so fun when you're kids start getting a little older so they can enjoy a bigger variety of activities.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pictures of my sweet grandkids! Glad Caleb's making progress. Hannah looks like such a big girl in the Bumbo!

Jonah enjoys everything, doesn't he? Anything that keeps him busy!!

MamaGina

Anonymous said...

Tell Jonah that Grackle really likes the cap he is wearing at
the bowling alley!

I know someone who will keep him
in supply as he outgrows his cap!

Good pictures of all. Sweet, precious children! Love to all,
GG

Anonymous said...

Tell Jonah that Grackle really likes the cap he is wearing at
the bowling alley!

I know someone who will keep him
in supply as he outgrows his cap!

Good pictures of all. Sweet, precious children! Love to all,
GG

Anonymous said...

Jonah looks like a pro in bowling. Keep with the bowling or table tennis, baseball or swimming... anything except football! I was the most unsuccessful mother in keeping Adam and Collin away from football. After Collin went to college on his FOOTBALL scholarship, he called me one day after an injury and said, "We didn't listen to you, did we mama." They make their own choices but it's tough on a parent sometimes. Since Adam ran with the ball it was hard to watch people running after him. I remember he actually hurt himself worse one time because he got up and limped off the field because he was worried about Mom coming onto the field. So we made a pack that if they raise their hand, they are okay and Mom won't jump the fences to get to them. Bowling is good! :)