Thursday, February 26, 2009

You Know You're a Mom When...

You Know You're a Mom when...
  1. You only have time to grab something to drink for breakfast and the only thing you can find is a blue Kool-Aid Kool Burst drink - and you have to rub the blue off your lips before heading into the doctor's office.
  2. You find a caramel dipping sauce package from McDonalds in your purse, and you're not surprised and actually a little excited.
  3. You notice yourself singing along with the little kids on the cd in the car
  4. Your husband has to help you zip your pants all the way in the morning, but you're really excited because you are finally getting back into pre-pregnancy clothes.
  5. You ate fruit cocktail for lunch!
  6. You spend WAY more time getting everyone else ready in the morning than yourself, and you're really excited when your hair can fit back into a ponytail because it makes getting ready all the faster.
  7. You actually enjoy a kiss from the chili-cheese covered mouth of a certain red-headed little boy.
  8. The closest you get to Alone time is actually driving your kids to their well-visit and turning on a movie in the back for them and just enjoying the peace up front.
  9. You get giddy when your kids finally go down for a nap!
  10. Your sidewalks at your house are covered in chalk drawings, and you actually secretly want to show everyone the picture that you drew.

All of these things actually happened to me today...I just thought I'd share and see if any of you moms out there can identify!

Okay...no kidding, as I was writing this my two year old little darling puts a Tic-Tac up his nose and it took me 20 minutes to get it out! I guess add that to the list!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in sweet Mandy! It will all pass entirely too fast. You are a
great mom and those three little
people are so fortunate to have
you and Adam for parents.
I love all of the pictures. Hannah is growing so fast. It was
so good to get to hold her and see
you and the boys. Are the pillow
colors going ok? I could tell immediately that Caleb wanted the red one also, but pretty soon, they were jumping all over both of them. So cute and precious.
Love to all of you,
Ganmama/GG

Anonymous said...

Identify? Identify? All moms who actually spend that precious time with their little ones know this stuff. I remember the boy's father coming in one time and handed me some change. I asked him what one of the coins was that he handed me. He said, "We have to start getting you out more. That is a Susan B. Anthony dollar and it has been out for a few years."
Mandy you are such a great Mom. Between you and Adam, those kids are so very blessed to have such wonderful parents.
Okay, on the pillows that GG talks about, Aunt Beckie came up with a solution. Either Tootsie buys a red one for Caleb or they go with Aunt Beckie's idea of letting him color his pillow with a permenant marker the way he wants it to make it special for him. I told Adam to just make sure he knows the boundaries on that and that does not include the walls, floor, his sister or any other thing. Otherwise I will get a red one for him. It has troubled me that they both wanted the red, but I think Aunt Beckie's idea is a good one if you tell him Tootsie said to ONLY color the pillow.

Mandy, I know you don't have time for blogging and you don't know how much it is appreciated. As you know, I have been through the mill lately and to tell you the truth I didn't know if I could even read the blog without tearing up, but it has been healing to me to see my grandbabies and their wonderful parents in action.
Thank you so much for sharing your lives with all of us. And thank you for being such a wonderful mother to my grandchildren. You are a very precious young woman to me and I dearly love you.

Momma B. said...

I can SO identify with this. Thanks for helping me laugh about it....it's not always funny to me. Oh, I mailed your ref. in yesterday. Love you, sister!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mandy!! Our little Caleb has already given us all so much joy. Can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings!
Mom

Anonymous said...

You also know you are a Mom when you have a 30 year old son and you are concerned about how much sleep he is getting because he can't remember one of lifes special events.

You know you are a Mom when your 26year old son does not check in with you and that Mom's sense knows something is not right.

You know you are a Mom when your daughter-in-law gets sick and you are helpless to go help her, so you cry yourself to sleep.

In other words, it never stops, it only changes as time goes by and you add more of your own and their children are added to your life to be concerned about and try to help with your love. :)