Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Valentine's Celebrations and Milestones

I have gotten behind in the whole blogging thing. Honestly, 3 kids are wearing me out, and I just haven't had time to sit down and write. Maybe it will all slow down soon when Hannah starts crawling and walking (do you hear the sarcasm??). Having 3 kids under the age of 4 definitely keeps you on your toes... And I wouldn't want it any other way! (Well, maybe add a few more naps here and there, and time for a manicure!!) ... By the way, this picture is at our church Valentine Banquet.




Here's our Valentine morning celebration! They went on a little scavenger hunt looking for heart clues outside and ended up here at the table for pink, heart-shaped pancakes and strawberry milk. I think their favorite part were the balloons. Hannah didn't get a balloon, because as I was putting them in the car one floated away. I don't think she noticed - next year I know she will.






Jonah and Caleb got a Hungry, Hungry Hippo game for Valentine's Day. I always wanted that game when I was little, and it was a big hit here at the Barker house. They have played it over and over. It's nice because it's a game that Caleb can play with Jonah. This is the toy that Hannah got for Valentine's Day. I don't think she's too sure about it, what do you think?



Here is a picture of Jonah's Valentine Party at school. Holidays involving lots of candy are always a little nerve-wrecking for our family because of Jonah's peanut allergy. (If you didn't know Jonah has an anaphylactic reaction to even a trace amount of peanut) Our school, Forerunner Christian Academy, has done a great job setting up guidelines to keep Jonah safe, but we have to be really careful. Jonah is so good about understanding when he can't eat certain things. I think he does better about it than I would!



This was the day after Hannah turned 4 months old, and her first bite of cereal. She didn't know what to think, but now she is a pro at eating cereal. She stares us down any time we put food in our mouths. Pretty soon she'll be helping us clean our plates!
By the way, I want to bow down in shame and admit defeat. My sister and I were having a contest to see who could lose 25 pounds first. My sister has pretty much wiped the floor with me!! She's done and I still have 15 pounds to go! ...Great job Michelle - I'm so proud of you!





4 comments:

Kristen said...

cute pictures!! We have the same toy for Kensley that suctions to her high chair... You have such a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

OK, you can get up now. You don't have to bow down ALL day! Maybe this will teach you not to mess with your big sister! Hee, hee. I still can't wait to go on a trip to celebrate our success...which will of course involve much food and napping. : ) Love the pictures! I'm also very behind in blogging...facebook is keeping me busy enough! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I also wanted a hungry hippo game...why exactly did we never get that game?

Anonymous said...

Okay, Hannah is not sure about the Hungry Hippo or the cereal at that point in time. Collin loved the Hungry Hippo, too. That gene must have passed on to his nephews. Wonderful pictures. Thank you Mandy.

Can this family Valentine's picture replace the one on your blog, since little Hannah is included or are you waiting to lose the other 15 pounds. You look great in the picture and everyone looks great. Hard shot to catch with three little ones, excuse me, four little ones. Dad still plays like a little one with his babies and I am sure you feel like he is the lead ringer in trying to get them all in one place at the same time. Sorry about that. I was a playful Mom, too. He comes by it honestly, if that helps any. I know, it doesn't help, but it is honest at least.