Monday, April 20, 2009

Just a thought...

I was just sitting here thinking, so I thought I'd share...




I am so thankful today.




As I'm writing, my 2 year old son is screaming in the background, because he doesn't want to take his nap. I have multiple piles of laundry (with a special smell that I can't quite figure out?). My house is not clean. My potty-training son has tee-teed in his underwear for about 5 days now, with only 2 victories. I have so many projects and things for church and school that are not finished. I can't even get in my closet because it is so packed full of junk.




I say all that to say that I am so thankful. God teaches me more everyday to be thankful and content with what He has given me at this very moment... I am a work in progress. I am not thankful because of circumstances. I am not thankful because everything goes my way. I am thankful because God has given me this day and these circumstances, and He does not make mistakes.




So, I'll keep cleaning up tee-tee. I'll keep sniffing to find out the special smell in my laundry. I'll keep trying to finish all my projects. And yes I'll keep trying to teach my son that it's time to go to sleep. I do these things, not because they are always fun or fulfilling, but because this is where God has placed me at this time and He has entrusted me with these things. I am so blessed to be able to share each day with my children and I am so grateful that I have been able to stay at home with my kids through these years. I would not replace these tiring, monotonous but joyous moments with anything else.




Here are some pictures that make me smile:




6 comments:

Momma B. said...

You guys look great! I love your hot little black dress! Thanks for giving me some perspective! Love you friend!

Erin said...

Yes, thanks for the perspective! I loved this post.

Anonymous said...

Mandy, you are an inspiration to all of us. It reminds each of us
to be grateful for this day and
the opportunities it provides.

The pictures are precious, as always. And the one of you and
Adam just jump out at me and say
"What a handsome couple!"

Your blog was a great idea. It is a running history of your lives and such a joy to those of us who
receive it. Thank you.

Much love to you, Adam and the
babies. Ganmama/GG

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for such an insightful daughter. Great pictures!
Mom

Barbara said...

And I am thankful for you, Mandy, in being appreciative of where you are in life and what you have. You have so much and are truly blessed, even in the middle of dirty laundry, crying children and just being a 24/7 mom. I know it is difficult to believe now, but there will come a time when you will look back and think of how easy these times are right now. So, I am thankful you are grateful for them in the present time. Thanks for being who you are in life.
Love you precious.

Barbara said...

Also, I tried very hard to tell both Adam and Collin that college was one of the easy times in life. Neither believed me at the time, but now they know. So, the fact that you are thankful for where you are in life shows your maturity for life and your love for your Father.