Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My sweet kids - just a fun picture!
This was at McDonald's yesterday. This was immediately following an interesting experience. I was getting in my car at Target. It was probably 105 degrees the kids were hungry for lunch and I had already been to 2 stores that morning (getting 3 kids in and out). I had just changed Hannah's diaper and I needed to put the basket away, but the cart thing was too far away and I didn't want to leave the kids in the car. So, I opted to leave the basket in safe place next to my car, where it wouldn't hit anyone else's car. As I was about to back out a lady who was parked next to me came up and got the basket that I had parked there. I didn't really think much of it and I continued to back out. The lady came up behind my car and stood there with her hands up, saying aren't you going to say thank you and a few other choice words too. I gave her a little wave like to say thank you, but she was still not happy. She came up beside my window, still yelling ugly words and was still wanting a big thank you I guess. I just looked out my window and mouthed thank you. I didn't really want to at that point, but I did. She was still ranting as I drove away. People never cease to amaze me...This was followed by Caleb tee-teeing all over the floor at McDonalds!


Jonah was helping Daddy hang some shelves in our house. He wanted to be JUST like daddy. He changed clothes to look like dad, he fixed his hair like dad, and he had tools just like dad. There was only one thing left in Jonah's mind. He was gone for a while and when he came back this is what he had - he wanted his armpits to look like Daddy's too!! priceless.

This was a picture at Tootsie's last Friday. Tootsie wasn't able to make it Jonah's birthday party, so she had a special one for him. We swam in the pool, ate yummy cake, opened presents and had a great day. Here's Hannah with a crown on - fitting isn't it?



She didn't know what to think about all of this?




Tootsie gave special birthday massages to the boys. She has an actualy massage table. It was so funny how much they actually loved it!




Here's how Caleb came out the other night when he was getting ready for bed. He is totally pott-trained, but he wears diapers at night. I guess he decided that this was a great place for "Cold Bear"!



I took this picture because it was the first time an actual bow, without a headband would stay in Hannah's hair. She is growing up so fast - she is even almost fully weaned. It's a sad day for Mom, but Hannah is so ready. She also said her first word the other day "Momma!" She said it only because I was holding another baby and she was jealous, but I'll take what I can get. She has also said "quack, quack" in the bathtub when she sees the little duck in the bath. Hannah still slithers around everywhere, still hasn't caught on to the crawling thing, but actually does just fine dragging herself. She has been pulling up to standing already and loves for you to hold her fingers while she tries to walk. She HATES diaper changes now, it's too much sitting still! The boys are still so in love with her and she feels the same about her big brothers.




I think this is representative of how Hannah has Jonah wrapped around her finger. She kept grunting and tackling Jonah, and of course he just giggled!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all such special pictures. It is wonderful to see the love between these three little ones.

I told Tootsie that she has probably started a tradition.
Who wouldn't want an extra birthday party?!

Very inventive little minds, with
Jonah's under arm hair patches and
Caleb's cold bear attached to his
diaper. Easiest way to carry
cold bear around, or maybe he decided the bear needed a diaper
also.

Mandy, you are doing such a good job in recording all of this history. You are the only one,
who I am aware of, who does this.
Can't think of better use of the
computer.

Love to all five of you,
Ganmama/GG

Tootsie said...

Jonah's additional birthday party was fun for me, too. Those three little ones are so very precious and all have such unique personalities.

My heart just melted when little Hannah just all of the sudden leaned around and gave me a kiss. So unexpected and so wonderful for a Tootsie. What a doll!

I will be planning Caleb's other birthday party since I will not be here for his party either. So, if he is tired of baseball, let me know what subject matter he would enjoy. But, let's surprise him, too, like we did Jonah. The surprise was the big thing for Jonah and he loved it. I want Caleb to feel the same thing, so we might not tell Jonah until just before y'all walk in the door. Not that he can't keep a secret, but he just might get excited and forget. :)

Thanks so much for sharing this time with me, it was total bliss for Tootsie to have all five of you here with me. Thank you for taking that time out of your busy schedules to share with me.

If you need to borrow the massage table to relax the kids, you are welcome. They absolutely love masssages and are so still when I give them one. Little Hannah didn't get one but we will get her and Adam next time. I know Adam loves them, too, we just didn't have the time and strength to do that all at once.

Love to all,
Tootsie