Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Princess!


Today is Hannah's first birthday! One year ago today I gave birth to my first girl. I remember when I was about to find out the sex of the baby. I had prepared myself that it was another boy - and I was even excited about the idea of 3 boys! I really didn't think it could be that different with a girl, I thought I would be fine without having any girls. Well, after Hannah Joy was born, I found out that I was so wrong. Having a girl is totally different, and I'm so thankful that I could experience the love and fun of a little girl. She is such a sweet, laid back baby, and always full of smiles. She is such a fast learner - and she's even walking all around the house now, barely stopping to take a break. In fact, in the last 3 days she has gone from taking a few steps at a time to walking across whole rooms and back! I love to hear her say Mama - and more often she calls me Da-Da (but I think it's just my nickname). My prayer for Hannah is that she will be a woman that loves and fears the Lord with all her heart, and that she will always radiate with God's love. I love you birthday girl!

Opening presents! She was especially excited about this little guy! Here she is telling Lilly all about the toy!


Decorations for the party! We had just a small family party with some close church friends too.


Princess Hannah, you're cake awaits you!


MMMM!!! First taste of cake! It was definitely a winner! She kept coming back for more and finished off her whole piece. I'll have to post the pictures from today in her preschool class as soon as her teacher gets them to me!




3 comments:

Amy Young said...

I can't believe she's ONE already!
Walking, talking; how can she have grown so much in just a few months?
Happy birthday, little Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful little princess!
We are so thankful for her and wish
we could see her more often...along
with her brothers and parents.
Hopefully one day soon.

I have not been able to keep up
with your writings Mandy, but so
appreciate Adam calling. I will go
back and read all you have written
the past two months.

But for today...Happy Birthday Hannah! We did get something in
the mail and wished we could have
helped celebrate/

Much love to all of the Barker Family. Always,
Ganmama & Grackle

Tootsie said...

What a beautiful Princess! She is such a precious little Princess, too. She is beautiful! And I think anyone would agree, not just because I am her Tootsie.

Actually, I have to admit I felt badly about her not getting any cake on Caleb's birthday, so she got a little taste of icing from Tootsie. Did you notice she kept following me around? Tootsie could not help herself and I knew one little nibble would not hurt her.

I remember when Adam's grandfather, Aaron, gave Adam a taste of something when he was really tiny. Adam smacked his lips, but I forgot what it was he gave him. I was thankful little Hannah did not smack her lips when I gave her a taste of Caleb's cake, though.

Three children all under the age of five. Now there is a challenge!

Love to all of you,
Tootsie