Saturday, June 19, 2010

Six Candles!

Jonah's 6th birthday cake! It is supposed to look like a popcorn bowl for our movie theme!
Hannah enjoying some cake!...she was a little squirmy in the theater. She kept walking the aisles between Aunt Shell and Mama Gina to keep from falling asleep. Finally, we gave her some Skittles to keep her in one place! ...Caleb on the other hand was completely absorbed in the movie. If you know how much Caleb loves anything Toy Story, this has been something he's looked forward to for a long time. At one point in the movie, I looked down and he was staring at the movie, but doing an extreme potty dance. I asked if he had to go to the bathroom, but he didn't want to leave the movie. I finally convinced him to go, but we did an extreme lightning bathroom trip!
Jonah being his silly self blowing out the candles! As you can see, the cake was a little leaning after being transported in the box. I'm so glad it made it!


Jonah and some buddies and cousins enjoyed watching Toy Story 3 at the theater on opening day! We got to have a party in the theater following the movie. We had so much fun!



Jonah got very excited about opening presents - he was holding up some money that he got in this card. He's trying to save up money to buy more Wii games!
I cannot believe I have a six year old! It really does make me feel old. I used to see people with six year olds and think how that was so far away, and here it is! Jonah has grown up so much this year into a little young man. He is reading great, loves to play basketball and video games and doing TKD. He's so great with his sister and I love watching Caleb and him giggle and laugh together when they're playing. We are so blessed with such a tender-hearted little boy, who can always make me laugh! I love you Jonah, my six year old!
The other day I asked him to sing a song with me at church that he knows. He said he didn't want to, because there were so many people. After trying to convince him, he decided he didn't want to so I left it alone. The next morning after Sunday School he walked out of his class and said, "I want to sing with you Mom". So, without a practice he went out and sang "God Bless the USA" with me for Memorial Day. He was telling us afterward how scared he was. Adam asked him why he did it, and he said "I was scared, but I told myself I'm gonna do it anyway." I was so proud of him for overcoming that fear...Sometimes you just gotta "do it anyway"!



4 comments:

shriks said...

Many many (belated) happy birthday wishes to Jonah. Hope you had loads of fun. :)

Seasonsmom said...

What an awesome cake! I never saw one like that! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi,how are you today?I surf your blog serveral times, thanks for your information and photos. I will go on to follow your blog. If you have time, you can come to my blog and feel free give me some comment! (My blog is http://sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)

Tootsie said...

Wow, what a neat Birthday Cake! Very impressive and you can tell Jonah is loving his life. Can't believe he is now 6 years old. Seems like yesterday Regina and I were sneaking in the hospital room to find out how everything was going. Busted, but the grandmothers were anxious and wanted to know. Jonah even acts like a big boy now. I love watching him grow up because it is just like watching Adam grow up all over again. Adam did grow up, didn't he? LOL