Thursday, October 13, 2011

This picture was taken while Adam & the kids were hiking…I was on a Women’s Retreat! (Not sure why Jonah's eyebrows look white??)



What a beautiful day we have been blessed with today! Crisp, cool fall air with just enough sunshine to bring a smile to your face….as opposed to the scorching, face frying heat we endured this summer! I think there were some days this summer that I truly thought that the heat would never end, that somehow we were going to be in a permanent state of summer until the end of time. But once again, the Lord has reminded me that “this too shall pass”…and how much sweeter is a day like this, knowing where we’ve come from.



I have been an absent blogger. I am not going to apologize or explain why. I am moving on with all my guilt and lack of documenting my family’s adventures and daily encounters. Although, a brand new computer (thank you to Tootsie and Reebert!) has definitely helped spur on a new excitement with technology. My old computer took about 4 hours to download a picture….no kidding. It was drudgery trying to blog on it, so now I’m in blog heaven!



I want to just use this as a starting point and hopefully begin blogging more regularly. We have had a few “new beginnings” recently (hence the blog title), that I will hopefully get to expound on soon, but to name a few: Started homeschooling this year (loving it!!!), Helped organize and start up the new FCA Homeschool Co-op (absolutely love it!!!), Jonah started piano lessons, Caleb started to read, Hannah started saying she’s the “princess of the world” (which is a whole other blog post ). She is also starting her new beginning as a 3 year old on her birthday tomorrow! I am so thankful for new beginnings and days that remind me why I love being alive and able to serve our King.



Oh, and by the way….we had another new beginning in our family. Collin & Amy (Adam’s brother and wife) had their first baby 2 days ago. I would put a picture of the new little one, but I don’t have one yet….and I don’t even have a name yet, because they are still in deliberation. So….that is yet to come. We are so thankful for this new little blessing and I am so jealous that my husband got to meet her in Los Angeles yesterday. I’m sure my time will come :)



So, I’m off to make a “Tangled” cake for Hannah’s party tomorrow. I was supposed to start it a couple of hours ago, but procrastination took over and blogging sounded more fun at the time!



1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.