Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Awesome Lightfest!


Well, it's 11:00 p.m. on October 31st and I really should be in bed, but I'm really wired up from the night so I thought I would take this opportunity to write about our awesome night! As some of you know, our church has a huge festival every year on Halloween Night called LightFest. It's a fun, family festival complete with food, live music (this year was the HogWaller Boys), carnival games, 3 bouncy houses, petting zoo, door prizes - and it's all free. We even gave away a car this year as one of the prizes, donated by a local dealership. Our whole goal is to spread the love of Christ on an otherwise dark night. At the end of the night we share the gospel in a very understandable way through drama. We have all really been praying for LightFest, because so many things have been happening to try to keep this festival from happening we knew God was planning to do great things.
At the end of the night, Adam and some other church people did a very powerful drama adapted from a skit they had previously seen. The message was so captivating and so fitting for the audience that was there. I know the Lord planted some seeds through that drama!

We had also all been praying that someone who really needed the car would win it. Well, sure enough at the end of the night the lady who won the car said that her car had just died on Monday and the engine was blown! She was so thankful and recognized that God was in it all! Overall, the whole festival was so wonderful and I just thank the Lord for his hand in it all!

On another note, my kids also had a really good time too. They were dressed really cute, but Caleb did not want to keep his costume on his body! He was half dressed for most of the night! He was a real trooper though, because he had to stay in the stroller the whole night! Those of you who know Caleb, know that he takes off in the opposite direction every time you put him down and I really could not chase him in a crowd of 1,000 people (literally). Jonah had a blast and even got to hang out with his long-lost buddy Macie. He also got to do a short skit with Adam on the stage. Jonah eats it up, just like his daddy!

I was hoping to put a video of the skit on this post, but for some reason it won't download. I'll try again later and see if I can get it to work!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing, Mandy. Thanks for all the hard work Calvary Baptist is doing in your community. Planting seeds is powerful in doing God's work. I am thankful for another successful year of LightFest. I remember when y'all first started it; it has grown so much, just like Manna House. God bless each of you and the hard work you continue to give to our Lord and Savior.

On another note, my grandbabies are so adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

Mandy and Adam,

I got home too late to receive your
request for prayers for the festival, but you and your work are
always in my prayers.
The babies are precious. I have
missed seeing and hearing about them this past week.
Love to each of you...Ganmama/GG

Momma B. said...

It is so encouraging to hear how your ministry is growing. Praise God for all the work he is doing through your family! We love you guys!

FordeFam said...

Hey! I'm friends with your sister, Michelle, and with your friend Kelly!!! :) We should be blogging buddies! ;) Wanna be friends? j/k But really this is sooo neato! Hope you don't think I'm too cheesy with this comment! :) I just love your sister and Kelly, and I've heard so much about you from them, so it's neat to see you here!!! Happy Fall! :)
Maia ><>

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at myself. Is everyone as bad as me in checking to see if Mandy has written anything else? I just love reading what you have to say, Mandy.