Sunday, June 8, 2008

Jonah's Birthday

Jonah had his 4th birthday party yesterday and we all had such a blast! It was actually a little windy, so the heat was bearable - we were all happy about that! It was complete with bouncy house, cookie cake, candy and a lot of tired kids at the end (Hooray for Naptime!) Here are some pictures from our SuperHero Celebration!

My parents got this bouncy house on clearance a couple of years ago and we have all gotten their money's worth out of it!

Since it was a TRUE Superhero party, of course we had to have capes. Thank you to my mom for making all the capes for party favors!!! Look at all the muscles bulging at Superhero training!


After Superhero training we were ready to get the key from the Yellow Bandit (aka Adam). We played a rousing game of Don't wake the Bandit to retrieve the key to get our rope back for the pinata!

As you can see, the pinata was a hit!

Now it's time for food! Here is Jonah's cookie cake that he requested. It was my first time to make one, but it was really fun. If you can't tell, it has a Superman emblem complete with a big J!

Caleb's like his momma and enjoys his sweets a little too much! This is a serious thing, can't you tell?

Another highlight of our day was going to get our fish for the new aquarium. You can't really see them in the background, but we have a new orange fish named Sarah, and a black fish named Shadow. They both love them! Caleb keeps trying to give his ball to the fish to play with. I'm thinking I'll come in one day and he'll be swimming with the fish~ I hope they don't go belly up because I accidentally dumped way too much fish food in there this morning. They were very happy fish, but I hope there's not consequences!

5 comments:

Momma B. said...

WOW! I hate we missed the party but there is no way we would been super hero quality! I have an embarrassing sunburn and we slept most of the day trying not to touch each other. But the canoe trip was fun. We will definitely get together this summer!!!!! We have to! But I will for sure be by when the little angel joins your family!

Momma B. said...

Oh, and that is one amazing cookie cake! Way to go, Mandy!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful celebration! It looks like everyone had a great time. I can't believe my sweet Jonah is 4 years old. It seems like only yesterday that Regina and I were slipping through those doors to try and find out something about his arrival... then the doctor told on us, after we told her how to get in. We would have helped her anyway, but she didn't have to tell on us.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm so impressed with your cookie cake, Mandy! You are all my super heros! Love,love,love

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great!! I actually found 2 more capes that had fallen down behind the desk!
So if you're ready for another party.....! Mandy would you send me your email address? Everything I send is returned. Thanks, Mom
Barbara, when I think back to the day Jonah was born, I can't help but smile. We were pretty sneaky, weren't we?!

Anonymous said...

Mandy!!!! and Adam, too!!!
HI!! My name is Kelsey Lemaster. Ya'll probably don't remember me, but i went to the Second Baptist Church in Ranger when Adam was the pastor there. I was a wee little whippersnapper then.. lol
For some reason, I've had the two of you on my mind a lot lately. So I decided to google ya'll and found your blog! I was so excited!! I'm super happy to hear that you have 2 sons and another child on the way! I had always thought that you would make a great mom.. you were so sweet. Anyway, I just couldn't pass by the chance to leave you a comment. If you want to e-mail me (or my sister, Charlena), my address is lilchucker@sbcglobal.net and hers is larchena@sbcglobal.net.
Have a great, blessed day! :)
- Kelsey