Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Days


She's gettin' close to crawling. I feel like I've been saying that forever. She can scoot all over the floor, and pick up every microscopic piece of anything that she can find. I guess my cleaning habits are going to have to pick up a little bit!

This is the result of a mobile little sister...watch out ice cream sandwich!

She even pulled up a few days ago - well, to her knees. She's getting so big. She just bounces up and down when you hold her. She's no longer a still baby - look out world here she comes!


Here's a picture of our first day playing in the sprinkler. You can see Caleb in the background with a bucket on his head. He is always doing funny little things like that. Both of my boys are hams - but each in their own little way. Caleb seems to do it and not care if anyone is looking, and Jonah enjoys the crowd.


Jonah's first baseball team getting their trophies at the baseball ceremony. We had a great season, won every game. Jonah really had fun and learned a lot about patience and diligence. When he came home and showed off the trophy, Caleb wanted one so bad. Daddy went up and found a 1987 trophy from when he was in baseball and gave it to Caleb. He carried it around for the next 2 days, and I think he even slept with it.

Here's a picture of the sanctuary at VBS during one of the music classes. I don't know if you can see it, but on the left there is a 15 foot real sailboat! This year, we were crazy and we wrote our own VBS. Treasure Island: Seeking the Ultimate Treasure. Adam wrote the dramas and helped me get an outline for what we would study and then I wrote the rest. It was a lot of work, a lot of late nights, but a lot of fun! It was great because I could customize it to how our church does things. Adam and I always have fun working together on things like this - I don't know if it would be considered quality time, but I'm so glad I have a husband that loves what I love (and vice versa). This is the preschool/kindergarten class. We had over 95 kids enrolled this year. Praise God! We had one little boy accept Christ as His saviour. And everyone, including workers had a blast! You can see Adam and Mark (our music minister) dressed as pirates. They did the drama every night during the opening ceremony and did an awesome job!
Jonah's 5th birthday party - blowing out the candles. I can't believe my baby is 5!! That sounds so old. He's no longer a preschool age kid. Wow time flies!
Playing a water balloon game. The game sounded good in theory, but after one round I realized there were too many age groups for any sort of organized game so we just all got some and threw them! All that work filling up 100 balloons gone in 30 seconds.
Caleb and Asher hanging out having a conversation. Who knows, maybe they were discussing how to prune this tree?!
Jonah and his buddies hanging out. We had a slippin' slide party.
Mama Gina and Hannah hangin' out trying to stay cool. We were very blessed because we were under a big shade tree and there was a good breeze.
MMMMMM! This was only the beginning of his messiness that night.
Too many kids, not enough blow up thingies.

Woo hoo! At first I thought the kids were not even going to like the slippin' slide, but after a few older boys got there and showed them the ropes they had a blast. We had almost 30 kids there! Pheww!
Here' s the monkey cupcakes - we had a Beach Monkey theme.

And the beach cake. I was very sad, because halfway through I realized I had used the wrong kind of icing. I got whipped icing, so it was too runny to decorate with. It was too late to fix it though, so I just went with it. I really love cake decorating. I obviously do not want to do it for a living. But it's a good creative outlet every once in a while!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I still think the cake looked amazing. If you would not of told me you got the wrong icing I would of never of guessed.

Tootsie said...

The cupcakes and cake are perfect, no one would have known the icing was not what you wanted.

Little Hannah does squirm a lot. Regina was kind enough to trade her back and forth with me in church. I would hold her as long as my back would allow and then Regina would take her back. She's about to be into everything the boys build and everything they are interested in. This should be interesting.

The little picture of Caleb holding his his arm up in the air reminds me of when Adam was two and I was "attempting" to explain who God was to him. Obviously, I didn't reallly get it across to him very well because he immediately ran outside, climbed up on the railing around the porch, without a stitch of clothes on, and held his little arm up in the air and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Show yourself, God!"

Jonah did a great job in baseball, so wish I could have seen one of his games. I can't believe he is five years old! Wow, that is incredible. And how precious of Adam to get one of his old trophies to give to Caleb.

I miss y'all and hope to see you soon. The water looked good for the kids, it has been so hot outside. Glad y'all had a good mini-vacation.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

For Jonah!!!

Dear Jonah, Grackle and I were
so sorry we missed your birthday
party. The pictures told a wonderful story of all the fun
everyone had. Also, I haven't
gotten your birthday present in
the mail yet, but it will be coming soon. Just remember how
much we love you and know that
you are always in our prayers for
your life to be blessed by God.
You are growing up so fast! We
wish we could see you and your
family more often, but we think
of you so much, even though we
live a long distance apart.
Please give your family a big hug
for us, and we are sending a
special one to you. Love,
GG & Grackle